Saturday, June 21, 2008

Happy Early Birthday, the Zoo and other Fun Times...

I was able to go into Mason's classroom about a week before school ended and celebrate his birthday with his class (since he has a summer birthday). We brought in pudding cups with cool whip and pencils for all the kids and after they sang Happy Birthday to him, he had to sing back "I'm six years old...". I wish I had thought to make a video of it it was so precious. I also got the class to sit (somewhat still) for a group picture.Here are a couple shots of Mason after he got his (much needed) summer haircut:

And of course he loves to dress up as ummm... something.... I'm not exactly sure what but he looks like he's going on some kind of adventure.
And here's a couple of Megan being her adorable self...

We've been really enjoying the weather outside lately. Daddy snapped this one of Megan and I when we were just lounging in chairs in the front yard (something I seem to do a lot of lately:)
Jeanie, our sitter, got this one of Megan in her Elmo/Zoe shirt with her best friend Big Elmo. Big Elmo was a gift from friends of ours whose kids had outgrown him. He sure has found a loving home here with us.
On Father's Day, Mason got up and made daddy breakfast and we all carried it in and surprised him. Mason also had a book he made in school that talked about what his daddy is good at (playing softball), what he likes to do with his dad (go to his softball games) and what his dad says to him most often (I love you Mason). Megan's and my gift to daddy was a pair of matching Prince Fielder jerseys. Now Mason can't wait to go to a Brewer game - he asks almost every day.
We also had a trip to the zoo this week to celebrate Mason's first day of Summer Vacation, and to meet a bunch of other MOPS moms (mothers of preschoolers).

I've no pictures (thank goodness) but we dealt with Mason having the flu bug this week. Not sure where he picked it up but so far Jeanie is the only other one to get it. We'll pray that it passes Jeff, Megan and I up this time.