Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Are we there yet?

For Memorial Day weekend, we decided it would be a good idea to pack up the kids and trek 460+ miles (9 hours with stops) to my cousin's wedding in Ohio. Overall, the trip was awesome and well worth it. The drive (both there and back) was, well, interesting. From the following pictures, you can see that everyone started out with big smiles on their faces.


However, 2 hours into the trip, things began to unravel. As we were passing Chicago, I seriously thought, "Let's just turn around and go home!" But we pressed on and the rest of the trip was pretty good, sprinkled with a few breakdowns here and there.
On Saturday, we visited the Columbus Zoo. I would highly recommend it if you ever get the chance to go. Below are some pictures from our day.

Megan is sitting on a big sting-ray - moments after the picture, she tried to stand up and ended up slipping and falling. At least we got the picture before the tears:)

Mason is sitting on a Komodo Dragon - his favorite reptile.

Here is a picture of Mason later that night with his cousins - Luke, Lily (twins) and Hannah. He had a great time with all of them. They created a "boys club" and a "girls club" and tried to keep each other out of their secret hideouts. It was quite amusing to watch.

Here is Megan hours after the zoo and no nap - I think it was about 9:30pm and she was still smiling.

The wedding was beautiful - the weather, the ceremony and reception.

Here are Megan and I at the reception.

And a couple pictures of the kids...

You can't really tell from the picture but Megan was a dancing fool. Mason danced some too, but every time I looked at him he would stop so I couldn't get a picture of it. Much different from the last wedding we were at where he didn't care who watched him and danced all night long. I guess at five he's a little more aware of what people are thinking about him.

We had such a good time connecting with family and look forward to the next family wedding in August! (Thank goodness that one's only in Madison:)