Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Finding joy during the pain...

It has been a tough couple of weeks since my mom died. Explaining it to my children, watching my dad grieve the loss of his sweetheart of 36 years, coming to terms with my own life without her. Through all of the pain and tears, it is essential that we continue to find joy in our lives. Molly has played a huge part in helping us all do that. She is the sweetest, most easy-going (and cutest I might add) baby and makes us smile even when we're hurting. She is almost 4 months old and is at the stage where she smiles and giggles at everything. We knew she was a blessing when she was born but had no idea how important she would be in our lives just a few months later. She was a source of joy for my mom for the three months they got to spend together and is now our source of joy through the pain we're experiencing. Here are just a few pictures of her adorable smile. Tell me you're not smiling right now just looking at them!




4 comments:

Becky said...

Of course she is adorable. Look at who her parents are! Love you guys and keeping you in our prayers.

Jamie said...

Oh Heidi, that was a beautiful post. She is an adorable little girl...we are praying for you and Katie and your dad. I wish we could take the ache away...please know that you are always on our minds. We love you all!

sponholzfamily said...

See is too cute!! I can definatly tell she is your sweetie! She looks just like her big brother and sister!! Don't you ust love baby smiles and giggles! I'll keep praying for you guys!

Anonymous said...

Wish I could hug her right now! She has her mommy's smile!!!